Sunday, July 29, 2007

Feel A Fear

Met two very old friends, Sun Jie and Alvin on Thursday night after watching The Simpsons Movie and Alone with Alex. Haven't seen them in at least 8 years, since Secondary School.

Incredibly Sun Jie remembers quite a lot of things from back then, even a stupid lame joke that i supposedly made (Alex vaguely recalls it so i guess i did). It's not like me to want to forget my friends (and they were very close friends) but my memory is really terrible.

Anyway Simpsons was better than i expected, short for a movie but still very funny (though i guess pretty soon the net will be choked with Spider-pig jokes and references). For such a short comedy Alex still said it felt draggy. This is a call for Hollywood to produce movies under an hour so they don't lose movie-goers like him.

Alone was above average. I could smell the plot twist coming from miles off and almost all my hunches were proven right. Scares were a plenty (like one every 5 mins) but the shock factor wasn't really high (though to look at Alex cover his eyes everytime the music turned an ominous note, you would think otherwise). Better to have a horror film with more cheap scares than those where you never even see the ghost till the last 5 minutes of the movie. And at least the plot is very accessible/understandable for a Thai film, no cultural references or whatsnot.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

your memory is terrible??

was doing duty yesterday and went through loads of youtube videos. the connection is faster than at home, crappily. was wondering if the gh3 lineup is tough. i found something nearly as difficult as jordan in its extensive solo part at 3 min.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ5SVDYBNrY

Gabriel Chin said...

i tot youtube was inaccessible from duty pc?

Alex Logan Lee said...

I don't remember saying Simpsons was draggy. I thought it was pretty good.

I did not feel Alone was scary or entertaining. I covered my face because that is the way I watch scary movie. Quite disappointed with it. All the scary parts were predictable and the plot is not very fresh.