Thursday, January 18, 2007

In The Beginning..

I finally made a decision to start blogging after spending years in the 'ABC' (Anti-Bloggers Camp). I guess it's cause i feel that it will be fun to record down interesting events so that i can look back on it and laugh in the future, partly because i'm getting old and forgetful.

And speaking of old, today also happens to be the birthday of my very good friend Alex. So happy birthday to you! I looked around your blog earlier today to see if there were any subliminal messages to get you something you really wanted but i couldn't find any, so sorry, no presents again this year but you can at least expect "1 X Firm handshake" the next time i meet up with you.

Today also happens to be my parent's 26th Anniversary as well. My mother wanted to go to the
Il Divo concert at the Indoor Stadium Tonight but of course my father (and any other heterosexual guy in the right mind) wouldn't pay a few hundreds to see 4 greasy Italians sing songs they already know in a langauge that they don't know. So my mother spent her day at home (after fetching me all the way to Changi in the morning) while my father went to work the entire day. I should have dedicated 'After The Thrill Is Gone' to them on radio..

DRIVING related music track recommendations:

As Recommended by myself (less Initial D songs cos there are too many of them):

Warm-up lap
'Take It Easy' - The Eagles 3:32
'Fast Car' - Tracy Chapman 4:58
'Take Me Home, Country Roads' - John Denver 3:16
'Human Highway' - Neil Young 3:09

2nd Gear
'Drive My Car' - The Beatles 2:25
'Life in the Fast Lane' - The Eagles 4:45
'Crossroads' - Cream 4:15
'Ventura Highway' - America 3:54
'Driver's High (Jap)' - L'arc En Ciel 4:10

Pit Stop
'Racing With The Devil On The Spanish Highway' - Al Di Meola 6:18

Final Lap
'Highway Star' - Deep Purple 6:08
'Supercharger Blues' - Ronin 3:27

12 Tracks 54:17 (enough to drive to Pontian for 2 half boiled eggs and 1 kopi-o and back)

No comments: