Sunday, March 4, 2007

New Stuff (Again)

Went out after work to Sim Lim Square on Friday with Bernard. Picked up 2x512MB RAM (for $128) for my PC. Now it's up to 2GB of RAM! And the difference? Well honestly, i don't see any difference after running some memory intensive programs (VirtualDub + VLC + BitComet + PSP Video 9). Still slow despite the RAM boost. Maybe it's because of my processor.




Also bought a new Samsung DVD-RW ($69) that can burn DVD-RAM and DVD-9 as well. Bought it caused my old DVD-RW was a bit (actually there's nothing wrong with it except it can't read my Tekken 5 DVD) screwy. But i was quite happy that i actually managed to install the drive myself. I may be an IT student but i have no experience doing DIY on computers.




Last thing i bought was the Taiyou No Uta (Midnight Sun) movie DVD ($21.90). It's the exact same story as the drama Taiyou no Uta (starring Erika Sawajiri) but the cast is different. Acting as Kaoru Amane in the movie version is singerYUI. Haven't heard any of her songs before but she should be a better singer than Erika, not to say that Erika's 2 songs in the drama ('Stay With Me' and 'Taiyou no Uta') were bad. I liked them alot actually.


Also saw Synesthesia starring Miyazaki Aoi on sale in the same shop but it was a bit pricey ($29.90) and i had already overspent for that day. I remembered that the same edition online was cheaper so if i decide to buy it i will order from YesAsia.com as well. (free shipping too)

No comments: