Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Prelude to the Pink Parade

It's finally here: tomorrow is my last official working day in the SAF! Of course i should be bursting with joy but somehow on the eve of this momentous day i feel a little..empty. Maybe the expectation of getting to my ORD exceeded the actual thing itself. Or maybe i'm too happy that i can't face the reality of the situation. Just to make tomorrow a little more interesting i already told myself i am going to try all the items on Seng Fatt's menu that i have not eaten before. And i'm going to drink tons of soft drinks, again anything that i haven't drunk before at Seng Fatt. Here's to a happy stuffed final day in camp!

..but where do i go from here? I've only been able to see my 'future' as far as my Japan trip. After that, it's all ??? and ??. I'm pretty sure i am not going to study (but don't bet on it, overseas U is still an (undesirable) option). I can't think of a job that i want to do and can do with whatever qualifications i have now. Maybe the logical step will be to get my long overdue driving license. I've put it off since poly and i can't think of any other reasons that i haven't got it besides me being lazy, and that every Tom, Dick and Harry has it so there's nothing special about having one (not having one at age 22 does make me feel a bit unique though).

Well as long as my parents don't suddenly disown me i think i probably have another half year to think what i want to do.
-----------

Drama: Liar Game Episode 6 and 7

I did say that i didn't like Matsuda Shota when i first heard he was going to start along Erika Toda, but after the countless time he saves Erika's sweet gullible self he's way into my good books. He does play the part of the super-confident, genius swindler extremely well (in fact he's really cool when he's into his stride).

I don't think i'm going to summarise this series anymore (too many spoilers, too many characters to keep track off) but the clincher for this 2 episodes was when all the contestants takes out food from their bags, and Nao (Erika) pulls out... a teddy bear. Ok that wasn't really the best part but i found it hilariously cute. And the series continues to get better and better. I hope it doesn't end at 11 episodes.
-----------

With my NS allowance gone once again i have to depend on my parents again for day to day money. So this past month might be my last 'heavy' spending spree. ('Heavy' of course, being relative. If i took home more than $560 a month i'll probably be spending a better proportion).

Last thing to buy to commerorate the end of this era (technically my longest period at a job) is the bowling ball i've been meaning to buy since last month. Going to buy it together with Alex on monday and the trade-off is he comes to help me pack my room for the move. Pretty good deal if you ask me.

No comments: