Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Burn(ed)out

Was peeing outside in the office toilet yesterday afternoon when the new storeman came up to the urinal beside me and peed on my shoe (!). Anyway if after he peed on my shoe he said sorry immediately i would have just shrugged it off and assumed i was just suay. Plus i would have a pretty funny story to tell everyone. But new guy just remained silent as if nothing had happened (and it was not just a drop or two on my shoe...it was a whole 'splatter' of pee). Anyway i still had a funny story to tell after the incident. Except the 'funny' part of the story is not how unlucky i am but what a weirdo the new guy is.

So anyway i circulated my tale of woe to people around me including Nigel who was his upperstudy. But didn't expect him to go and tell Michael Lee about it. So Michael Lee gave the new guy a ticking off and told him to go apologise to me which was, i felt pretty unneccesary since i hate forced apologies. If someone is really apologetic and sincere he doesn't need to be told to go say he is sorry. Anyway Herbert told me to go look for Nigel and new guy after lunch but i didn't want to. So out of the blue Nigel brought him to DMS to apologise to me. Sorry i don't appreciate the gesture at all. And the first thing he said was he can't recall whether it was me he peed on or not. (.....) I'm pretty speechless at this point so i just walk off to another room. Then Nigel brings him in again and he says he is sorry. I'm more curious to actually know why he peed on me so i asked and he tells me, "oh i misfire sometimes..". Okieeee....THANKS for the warning! I'll make sure he doesn't come beside me the next time i am at the urinal. Otherwise if he approaches i probably have to pull rank and ask him to pee somewhere else or after i'm done. But i feel pretty bad that Nigel had to also apologise on behalf of his understudy. I mean he was not at fault at all. Just want to tell him that i'm more shocked than angry that a 19+ year old guy can pee on someone else's shoe and have no reaction after that.

Rode 55km today (20 to work, 15 after lunch and 20 back home). Bad idea after such a long lay-off with the flu. Luckily Alex woke me up or else i would have slept till the morning. He came to return me some PS2 games i lent him for a chalet while on his evening walk. Think he should get a bicycle.. Me and Alex haven't had a walk cum singing session around Bukit Panjang for quite a long time. Quite miss that. Singing out loud shamelessly while walking is fun and we haven't caught up in a while. Had (another) 'big' dinner today after my ride: 8 BBQ chicken wings, 1 plate of white rice and 1 can of Campbell soup all to myself. No wonder i conked off. Hope i at least burned more (calories) than i took in..

Wanted to post just one more pic of Miyazaki Aoi. I think she looks really great in this shot from her website. And for the record Me, Matt, Nigel and Zhaoliang have chosen her as the cuter actress. On the other side of the ring is Mingwei and of course Ee Wei. The score (so far) is 4 to 2 to Aoi in case someone wants to keep track.


Complete with (fake) autograph!
I don't think a Japanese actress would sign her name in English..

No comments: