Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Monkey Wrench

Left office at 5:30pm and went cycling with my dad at Upper Pierce Resevoir. Cycling itself was uneventful, except that i suprised myself being able to push hard despite my bout of neverending flu. I had to spit out alot of phlegm while riding though. It seems anyway that the roads have been overrunned with monkeys waiting for some idiot(s) to feed them. It wouldn't be so bad if not for every damn monkey standing in the middle of the road and not budging till you are about 5 feet away from them. Then it's a matter of reacting to them dodging left/righto at the last minute and praying that i don't run one over. Actually i have no qualms about running over a monkey. Except that i would have to pay a fine. It's understandable if i ran over them while i was cycling in their forest but this is a freaking road! Shouldn't there be a grey area where i should be allowed to kill the bugger if he runs into my path all of a sudden? I can't rely on my spider-senses all the time to dodge every single last one of them on the road.

But what really irks me are the stupid idiots who feed the monkeys and cause them to gather on the roads waiting for more food. There was this stupid malay driver and family throwing bread to the monkeys as i was riding towards them. They stopped for a while and pretended to drive off when i approached but as soon as i passed they stopped and started throwing bread out again. Ok, maybe they didn't know that they shouldn't feed the monkey but wait! There's a bloody BIG POSTER (10 feet wide 4 feet tall) pitched right beside their car saying "DO NOT FEED THE MONKEYS!" (in 4 langauges). Anyway i quickly turned around and shouted "OEI!" and they quickly drove off again. For the record, the car license plate is SFV 2767 X. A blue Nissan Sunny. Next time i'm around there i will be sure to pay extra attention to spot this supremely inconsiderate idiot again. Maybe i should just find some coconuts and durian and throw them at his children's face when i see them. "I'M JUST FEEDING THEM WAT! There's no sign that says i can't feed your children".

Watched "Super Size Me" today. Ah Chew was trying to put across that i should cut down on fast food. Appreciate the thought. But why am i the only one being singled out? It's as if i am the only one in the branch who eats fast food. He should tell Ming Wei to cut down on food, period. Wee Kim needs to actually eat more fast food so he can gain some weight and so his body fat % will rise above mine (boasting rights). Herbert needs to drink more fluids cause he sweats (from his hands) so much. Ee Wei needs to stuff his mouth with food so that he will crap less (today i realised out that Straits Time actually censors the word c*ap) Anyway, I am actually actively but slowly trying to make my lifestyle more healthy:

1) I don't frequent fast food joints that often *no evidence to back this up, you have to take my word for it
2) When i remember i will take off the skin from my chicken
3) Cycling to work whenever i can
4) Less midnight raids to 7-11

That's all i can muster for the time being.. Vegetables are still a no-no. Oh ya, my mom touched my skin yesterday and said it felt like a 40 year old man (probably she used my father for comparison, but my father is 45...Hmm). So she gave me a bottle of "St Ives Intensive Healing Advanced Therapy Lotion" (it says on the bottle "FOR SEVERLY DRY SKIN" yikes!) to moisturise my skin. I have to admit that by comparison her skin is damn soft and smooth compared to mine, even though she's twice my age this year (44 x 22). Going to have to diligently apply this after baths and before sleeping.

No comments: