Monday, February 26, 2007

Someone's got a new toy...

And that 'someone' is me. Make that 2 new toys. First up is 'Talkman' for PSP. This is a mini-translator for English, Mandarin, Japanese and Korean which will be useful for my Japan trip. It comes with a microphone for PSP along with the UMD. Got it for $65 at Funz Centre. This completes my triumvirate of PSP gadgets. (Camera, GPS and Microphone)

L to R: UMD, Box, Microphone
UMD, Box and Microphone (that shiny thing on the brown box)

The reason i took off today was to collect my 2nd new toy; a touring bicycle for my Japan trip! Yes, i am really serious about going ahead with my trip even if i have to go alone. Anyway the bike is pretty cheap, $800 including 4 side panel bags (2 bags alone cost $100). One thing to note is that the bike is extremely heavy @ 20+kgs (compared to 9.5kg for my road bicycle) but it's built that way to last for long journeys. Parts are very low-end but suprisingly smooth. Anyway i really like the bike and the good thing is that it's super comfortable thanks to the seat and geometry. It's like floating on air or like riding a Goldwing. The tires are semi-road as well. Gonna test ride it tomorrow to camp and then to duty at Tuas, with all my clothes and barang barang packed into the bags to simulate touring.

A real bargain. And i really like the all-black scheme.
I can probably start a delivery service with all the bags.

Ordered the following from YesAsia.com yesterday night. The tempting thing was that i couldn't find any of the following DVDs in Singapore and also the free shipping for all the items. Due to arrive mid-March. Yes i believe i already spent all my CNY money (and then some).

-The Idol Master (Normal Edition) (Japan Version) XBOX 360 game
-Eureka (Hong Kong Version) starring Miyazaki Aoi etc.
-Heaven's Bookstore (Hong Kong Version) starring Takeuchi Yuko etc.
-Yomigaeri Resurrection (Hong Kong Version) starring Takeuchi Yuko etc.
-Night Of The Shooting Stars (Hong Kong Version) starring Takeuchi Yuko etc.

Oh and in case no one notice, i changed the top banner of my site. Wanted to put my own face but that would be too narcissistic so the obvious choice would be Erika Toda. But i think my photoshop really CMI so it looks a bit tacky.

No comments: