Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Familiar Faces

Brandon and I have been alternating between songs clearing Guitar Hero 2 on Medium. I'd say we're about the same level on the guitar controller (ie we both suck). Took us over half an hour (him on guitar, me on controller) today getting the perfect song achievement on co-operative mode. Personally i still feel like a retard with the guitar (i only managed to clear 2 songs on Expert and 11 on Hard with it) so i'm still clearing the Hard campaign with my trusty controller (the Xbox's shoulder buttons are way inferior to the PS2 controller) and i'll leave the Expert stuff to Herbert when he get backs from China.

Went to the BOB forums to add all the local people who owns Guitar Hero 2 on Xbox. Of all the names on my friends list, it looks like i'm topping the leaderboards. Fancy that. I'm the least loseriffic of all the GH losers i know.

Target this weekend: 1000 note streak on Freebird (Medium)! With a little luck and alot of patience i'll probably get it. The bad thing is that Freebird is 8mins+ long so 1 mistake and i have to play through a heck of a long way again.
-----------

It's a coincidence but over the past week, 3 dramas (Sailor Fuku to Kikanjuu, Dragon Zakura and Proposal Daisakusen) and 1 movie (Nada Sou Sou) i started watching had Masami Nagasawa (she won the Japan Academy Prize 2005: Outstanding Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role Winner for Sekai no chuushin de, ai wo sakebu) starring in it, and an even better coincidence is that she plays a high school student in each of them. Even though i'm not too bad at recognising faces (not as bad as say, Wee Kim), it took me sometime to realise that it was her in all 4 of the shows because she looks a bit different everytime:

Top Right looks the best to me
I like the look on the top right the best.

She's not a 10/10 (a 7.5 to me) in the looks department but she is kinda cute, most importantly of course, is that she exudes a very likeable on-screen charm for all the characters she plays. I can add her to my list of actress to look out for. Her latest work seems to be a movie (Sono Toki wa Kare ni Yoroshiku ) alongside Yamada Takayuki.

Whatever happened to poor Ichikawa Yui? She's not in any dramas or movie projects at all this season so i thought something might have happened to her (some scandal) or for some reasons she's being shunned by TV studios (her last movie was Nana 2). So i checked out
her blog and it looks like she's still alive (according to the entries dates) and apparently she is still alive and well.

At the horse racing track in Hokkaido
Not to nitpick, but has she put on weight? Her left arm looks flabby..

Sort of miss her seeing her bad acting in dramas. Hope she gets into some new projects soon. I'm sure Ee Wei misses her as well.
-----------

Last thing to add, i missed my IPPT today because i was feeling a little sick. Wee Kim said i'm probably chao genging and to some extent i think that's a little true. Maybe i'm just sick of being at work last Friday and Monday when i'm supposed to be on leave.

3 comments:

Alex Logan Lee said...

Did I tell you that I have gotten my Silver in IPPT this Wednesday!

Gabriel Chin said...

that is a pleasant suprise.good job cadet! now u can go sew the silver ippt badge on ur uniform ha.

Alex Logan Lee said...

It is pinned on. No need to sew one.