Wednesday, May 9, 2007

TOW No Pictures

If it's not one thing it's the other: been wanting to update for the past few days but some stupid script error on Blogspot has prevented me from doing so. Even downloading Firefox failed to help. So until something on someone's end (and if you believe me it's Blogspot's fault!) gets fixed i'll be stuck posting just unformatted text, since i can't even hit the edit HTML button.
-----------

After much uneventfulness, i managed to gather nearly all of the signatures for my ORD clearance form. What a letdown for my final 'quest'. I actually thought (hoped actually) that filling up the form would be harder than this. Sort of a final hurdle before they release me. As it stands now, the final hurdle is covering the Navy Open House 2007. I don't wish to put my waning medical skills to the test.

Went bowling with Nigel and Melvin (2 fellow ORDers) today after my dental FFI at TMC. I managed a pretty respectable (to me) average of 129.6 over 5 games (TP: 648, L113H153). Nigel is a pretty good bowler once he finds his spot! He had a low of 92 and high of 182 but lost in total pinfalls to yours truly. He managed to coax me into buying a bowling ball after our next payday. Saw a nice pink ball for a straight bowler like me for $125 at the CSC shop. I don't swing 'that' way but i think pink really stands out from the usual black balls. Anyway, we'll have a lot of free time on weekdays to go bowling once June comes around.
-----------

True to self, i have nearly already overspent my entire next month's NS allowance. Besides some bowling, some pigging out (Cafe Cartel w/ Alex on Saturday, Swensen's w/ Nigel/Melvin today) and some taxis here and there, i also bought 5 X360 games this month (Dead Rising, N3, Spiderman 3, Test Drive Unlimited and Splinter Cell Double Agent) not to mention some DVDs (Nada Sou-Sou, Spiderman 2, Little Britain and Spring Snow).

And to top it off, Guitar Hero 2 is finally confirmed to be released on May 14th (Monday). The odds of me tightening my purse-strings looks to be pretty slim till at least after this purchase. It's not just PS2 Guitar Hero 2+new songs+HD graphics, MOST importantly, it's Guitar Hero 2+new songs+HD graphics+1000 shiny ACHIEVEMENT POINTS! Oh yah, i added my XBL gamercard underneath my profile.
-----------

I thought the day would never come again: my BT download list is finally empty! And vice-versa, my 550GB HDD is nearly full! I usually take my time to re-encode and burn my stuff but this time round there's too much new stuff so i'm going to have to practice watch and delete for those 'average' dramas. Even Ishihara Satomi wasn't a big enough pull to stop me from deleting Nurse Aoi off. Gonna finish the last 2 episodes of Nodame Cantabile

One last side note for this update: Liar Game 4 is out! Gonna watch it tonight!

No comments: